Ok, she had two more episodes of the seizure before the doctors were able to get the problem under control. What had happened was that a viral infection had triggered the whole episode. I thought that the seizures were caused because of the high temp she had the previous day. Well, the doctor had told us that it doesn't necessarily have to be when the temp is the highest. It's when the "thermostat" in your brain gets all screwed up and there you go. The brain basically tries to re-boot itself and the seizure is the outcome. This, as I was told, is not an uncommon thing for children under the age of two. Luckily, Clare pulled out like a champ. But this is the image that has embedded itself in my brain from the whole ordeal. Well, that's enough upbeat talk from me (HAHA). I will post when I post.....so, until then........
Selah,
Brian


No comments:
Post a Comment